Online sensitivity training through emerit
CTHRC and the Hotel Association of Canada partner to offer online sensitivity training through emerit Training Solutions
The Canadian Tourism Human Resource Council’s (CTHRC) is pleased to announce a partnership with the Hotel Association of Canada (HAC) to offer online sensitivity training for hotels across Canada. The Access Canada Sensitivity Training Program will be delivered through CTHRC’s emerit training brand. It will be a voluntary program offered online, enabling hoteliers to better serve people with disabilities, including age-related disabilities.
The online training program is designed to equip accommodations employees with the skills and
knowledge needed to provide superior customer service to all guests with disabilities. The training has six core objectives:
- Describe the program and importance to the industry as a whole
- Enhance your understanding of the terms “disability” and “appropriate language”, and clarify the categories of disabilities
- Increase your awareness of disabilities and the realities of being disabled
- Identify the specific needs of your guests with disabilities
- Describe the barriers that affect accessibility and the features of an acceptable hotel
- Increase your ability to anticipate and understand the needs of all, regardless of ability, and to provide superior customer service.
- The Access Canada Sensitivity Training Program will be available to all accommodations employees throughout Canada beginning in April and is priced at an economical $99. Please visit emerit.ca this coming April to take advantage of this training opportunity.